Energy Transition Outlook 2018
Maritime forecast to 2050
This year’s Maritime Forecast zeroes in on the IMO strategy to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. New fuels, and energy-efficient design and operation, are key to this.
- New ‘barometers’ indicating world-fleet decarbonization and readiness of alternative fuels
- Uptake and characteristics of relevant technologies, i.e. dual-fuel engines, fuel cells, and battery electric power
- How fuel flexibility and bridging technologies can smooth transition from traditional fuels
- CO2 emissions and which fuels are likely to be in the mix towards 2050
- A new multi-scenario approach for robust newbuilding strategy based on our expanded concept of future-proof ships