Energy Transition Outlook 2020
Power supply and use
This report presents the implications of our energy forecast to 2050 for key stakeholders involved in electricity generation, electricity transmission and distribution, and energy use.
Electricity use is increasing rapidly, and production becoming dominated by renewables; our report details the important industry implications of this evolution, including:
- Substantial opportunities for those parties involved in solar and wind generation
- Massive expansion, reinforcement and upgrading of transmission and distribution networks
- Further need for implementation of energy-efficiency measures
- Acceleration of the EV revolution
- Digitalization enabling process improvements and smarter operations
- The energy transition is fast, but not fast enough to meet the goals of the Paris Agreement.
Visit our Transition Faster Hub.